Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a jira ticket via form on confluence

Oliver Jones July 21, 2021

Hi guys,

So basically I'm trying to get this to function without purchasing one of the third party apps since they will require a licence for every confluence user (over 500) which is ridiculous considering I only need 1 form created by 1 user (me).

Idea being that when users forget their logins, they can access a confluence page that's open to anyone, fill in a form which then creates a helpdesk ticket for our IT team.

Alternatively, is there a way to add a 3rd party add-on (e.g. forms for confluence) but restrict it to only the minimum (e.g. 10 users) and pay accordingly?

Cheers,

Oli

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

@Oliver Jones  You should try Issue collector  which ideally is used too submit feedback or bug but fits well to your requirement also. Use below link to configure it

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-issue-collector/

This is actually a perfect solution @ASHU TYAGI  thanks so much, just having a problem now on the confluence page (inserting the issue collector code as an HTML macro) basically it shows the issue collector as only about 2 lines height (making it unusable really) but i'm going to try figure that out

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

@Oliver Jones  You can customize its trigger and form as per your requirements but it is not straight forward as you might need to do some scripting and other stuff, but many are using issue collector to fulfill their small requirements without having to pay for extra plugins. Let me know in case you need more info regarding it

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/customize-the-jira-issue-collector/

Yeah mate appreciate all your help, basically figured out that it's confluence's stupid insert thats the problem, it defaults to a very thin insert for the HTML/Iframe Macro on the page which is causing the problem, trying to figure out how to fix that.

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2021

We use HTML macro to insert code into confluence page also put that trigger to someplace else like bottom of page or side of page rather than top and make sure to tell users to use that trigger by writing some text on your confluence page where you place that collector 

Aye I get you, problem is the actual HTML macro field is tiny on the page, see below for 2 different examples:

wdw.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 11.45.51.png

Like Mirella de Jong likes this
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2021

Yep, In case you need your trigger to be in middle or increase its length or width then you would need to create a custom trigger using below link

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/customize-the-jira-issue-collector/

Like Sarah Syed likes this
0 votes
Yuval Gershfeld August 5, 2021

Hey @Oliver Jones 

You can try using an add-on like Jcreate that allows you to create a JIRA issue from inside confluence. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224226/jcreate?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events