Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a dropdown list (in ConfiForms) which gets its "options/values" from an other table

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

Hello,

i want to create a dropdown list with "options/values" which are already existing in a split of a table in Confluence.

The dropdown list "options/values" should change whenever the split does.

Best regards,

Chad

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Chad Lee 

Welcome to this community!

Consider using ConfiForms "smart" fields, and Smart drodown specifically

ConfiForms "smart" fields allow you to use data from other forms as a source (options) for fields

Alex

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

Hi Alex,

i want to select a split of the existing table, but i cant, i can only select ConfiForms.

Chad

image.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Could you tell me what do you mean by “split” in the context of ConfiForms records?

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

i want to get the values from the split "Kategorie" of this table

image.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022

Sorry, I still dont get it - "the split "Kategorie" of this table"!? Where do you have a "split Kategorie"

I mean, what is it specifically?

Are you trying to get only specific rows to be used as options or what?

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

Sorry, my english is not as good as it used to be. I want the options of the table column "Kategorie".

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022

Is this a TableView over another (ConfiForms) form, what you have in the screenshot?

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

image.png

This is the "editor-view" of my table. 

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

It is basically a table in Confluence and i want the options for my dropdownlist.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022

OK, this is something else - you cannot read it directly from here

But it looks like the data is in the database somewhere - you may consider reading those directly from your database by using ConfiForms database fields

Chad Lee March 28, 2022

Okay, but how can i set it up? 

image.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022
Chad Lee March 28, 2022

Okay, thank you for your answers. I will give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events