Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to create a dropdown list (in ConfiForms) which gets its "options/values" from an other table

Hello,

i want to create a dropdown list with "options/values" which are already existing in a split of a table in Confluence.

The dropdown list "options/values" should change whenever the split does.

Best regards,

Chad

1 answer

Hi @Chad Lee 

Welcome to this community!

Consider using ConfiForms "smart" fields, and Smart drodown specifically

ConfiForms "smart" fields allow you to use data from other forms as a source (options) for fields

Alex

Hi Alex,

i want to select a split of the existing table, but i cant, i can only select ConfiForms.

Chad

image.png

Could you tell me what do you mean by “split” in the context of ConfiForms records?

i want to get the values from the split "Kategorie" of this table

image.png

Sorry, I still dont get it - "the split "Kategorie" of this table"!? Where do you have a "split Kategorie"

I mean, what is it specifically?

Are you trying to get only specific rows to be used as options or what?

Sorry, my english is not as good as it used to be. I want the options of the table column "Kategorie".

Is this a TableView over another (ConfiForms) form, what you have in the screenshot?

image.png

This is the "editor-view" of my table. 

It is basically a table in Confluence and i want the options for my dropdownlist.

OK, this is something else - you cannot read it directly from here

But it looks like the data is in the database somewhere - you may consider reading those directly from your database by using ConfiForms database fields

Okay, but how can i set it up? 

image.png

Okay, thank you for your answers. I will give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

348 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you