Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to create a clickable image

I am trying to create a clickable image that links to another Confluence page. How do I do this?

I upload and insert a gif.  I want to attach the URL of another page to it so that when the user mouse click's the image, it takes them to the linked page.  I see there are a few threads about it around suggesting it should be easy - I should be able to click on the picture and see a link in the menu below the image, but the link icon isn't there for me.  I get what Julio Chana describes in this page

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Link-image-to-page/qaq-p/68900:

3 answers

1 vote

Hi @John Willerton and welcome to Community!

It seems you're using the new Confluence Cloud editor, it is not possible at the moment to add a link to an image, see Cannot add link to image in Fabric Editor. The feature is "in progress" so it should be available in the near future.

Best,

- Manon

This functionality is now available but requires two clicks- one on the image, then another on the 'open link in new tab' icon. Is there a way to reduce this to one click so that when the user clicks the image, it takes them directly to the linked page?

I was still in edit mode. In the unpublished changes view the functionality I'm looking for works!

If you have draw.io as an add-on for Confluence I opened up the image that I wanted to use. I created a screen shot of the whole image and pasted this into draw.io. Next I made a series of smaller screen shots from the original image and pasted them into the draw.io file I'm working on. I made sure that these smaller screen shots were in front of the large image. I moved the smaller image to the same exact place it is on the larger image. I clicked on this smaller image and added a link to where ever I want. Hope this helps.

0 votes
SriKumar P Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2020

Hi John, 

Are you trying the above in Confluence Server or Cloud?

-Sri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

210 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you