Link image to page

Nathan Hans September 14, 2015

I'm trying to add lots of images and links.

I click the image, click link - this should bring me to a place to attach a link to the image - instead it brings me to the insert link wizard. If i complete the wizard it creates a text link at the top of the page.

I used the wiki markup here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/22648692. Click the image, click 'link' - brings me back to the insert link wizard that creates a text link at the top of the page.

I can make due with using the wiki markup - but that's going to be harder for most users.

Is this a known bug? Is there something I can do to make linking to images easier.

Confluence v5.7

18 answers

10 votes
Deleted user August 15, 2019

Same here, when I click the image in edit mode (cloud version), the link icon is disabled and I can't add a URL to the image. Maddening!

No name September 15, 2019

same here

Like # people like this
Strivven System Admin October 17, 2019

+1 to this at the moment. Completely hinders linking using images. Really, really disappointing

Like Gagneux Julien likes this
Claire Siggelkow October 29, 2019

++++++1 

any chance this is functionality that is planned in the future? 

Like # people like this
vladimir.poskatcheev October 30, 2019

This is incredible. How in the world is this functionality missing in the new confluence pages?!

Like # people like this
Richard_Harmon November 21, 2019

Still not working.  

Like Gagneux Julien likes this
Barbro Moen Ternsten January 9, 2020

Complete and utter disaster to see that this function is not working in the cloud version!

Like # people like this
Julio Chana January 13, 2020

any workaround?
I put a link by the image but I keep clicking in the image instead of
as it is the intuitive way of using it
Untitled.png
Also, I cant put several images in the same row ... I think images are buggy atm

Like # people like this
Gagneux Julien January 21, 2020

same for me. I don't know how to work with this broken tool....

debora.birbeck February 18, 2020

++++1

I want to create buttons on my space homepage so it looks like a homepage and users can click a button (in this case a logo/image) and go to the linked space.

Even the old workarounds for buttons and lozenge macros etc. posted years ago in the forums don't work in Cloud (mine anyway).

It's a shame as it looks slick in the server version!

Like Servan Huegen likes this
debora.birbeck February 18, 2020

I'll add to this that the image editing tools in the server version are also far better than Cloud, where I can't see any decent way to control image size, alt text etc. (I'm new here tho so maybe I've not found it yet!)

Dean Householder March 9, 2020

+1 still broken! =(

Chris P. April 29, 2020

+1 Why would hyperlinking an image get disabled?  Seems to be one of the most common items in (any) page design. 

Like # people like this
Servan Huegen May 12, 2020

@Atlassian PLEASE!!!

Like # people like this
Ben Loveday May 19, 2020

+1 Same problem for me in pages. No option at all for image link in header, that I can find.

Chris Broughton June 16, 2020

Does anyone from @Atlassian ever respond to these questions?

5 votes
Jeremiah_Wilson August 8, 2019

Doesnt work for me in the confluence page editor. I insert an image, and try to add a link to it, and I don't have the option. 

Is there an option to just simply write HTML to bypass this?

4 votes
Jeff Krigstein January 27, 2020

+1 to this issue. Can't select an image to make it a link, the link button is disabled.

Any update on this?

2 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

The documentation says this is supported in Confluence 5.7 - https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/working-with-links-701434771.html

I know it works correctly in our 5.8 instance.

What browser are you using?

1 vote
luc julien July 17, 2020

Unacceptable to miss basic feature like that, not a single post related to this has been answer by Atlassian.   I really wonder if this platform worth the money...

1 vote
Rob Lingstuyl July 2, 2020

Images by link please!!!!

1 vote
Vince Mancini May 12, 2020

Having the same issue. 

1 vote
Martin Leeb January 28, 2020

any news for this issue?

i have also tried in different browser but not working - not possible to get the link for the picture - this is a basic function !

Graf Martin February 12, 2020

I also still have the same issue, are there any News

Like Will Bonner likes this
0 votes
Deleted user January 7, 2021

You can now add an image and add a link to it (e.g. a clickable image to direct you to a link) but when I paste the link, it creates a new image to my recent uploads which is just an image of the URL I just pasted. The only work around I have is to manually type the link which is a poor user experience IMO

0 votes
Kostya Kostyushko November 19, 2020

Almost 2021 now, and the issue still persists in the Cloud version.

0 votes
Pascal Feldmann October 2, 2020

We are moving now from the cloud to a server hosted environment. The solution for everyone is to abandon the cloud and go to a hoster.

We suspect it's a security problem. If Atlassian would allow this and other features, they would have security issues.

0 votes
Gavin Attard October 2, 2020

+1 - can't believe this is not functioning. @Atlassian 

0 votes
Thomas O_Connor August 15, 2020

50 comments on this issue and not a single response from Atlassian?  WTF!  Not impressed.

0 votes
Swen van den Heuvel August 14, 2020

Please @kuromiya fix it in the cloud to link an image to an url in Confluence

0 votes
Anna Vistaprint July 8, 2020

Can this please be fixed? I really need to link images to an URL/other page to make the overview more clear

0 votes
Pascal Feldmann June 17, 2020

We have the same problem on the Cloud instance

0 votes
Nathan Hans September 16, 2015

Issue happened again in Firefox 40.0.3.

Functionality works fine in IE 11 and Chrome 45.0.2454.85

JanAlmqvist January 3, 2020

Doesn't work for me in any browser. But overall the cloud version feels a bit glitchy. I can't see any blog posts either when clicking the blog button in the sidebar. And the page list below sometimes have a little collapsable house icon with the space name and sometime there is noting (just the page list).

I've tested Chrome, IE, Edge and it's the same on all of them. Tried two different computers as well (desktop and laptop).  

Anyway, not a deal breaker for me since the main functionality works ok. Just a little annoying :)

Corin Fairchild March 27, 2020

Definitely not there in the Cloud "offering".
Come on Confluence - this is basic stuff.
A picture paints a thousand words...

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nathan Hans September 14, 2015

It's working now. I'm not sure what changed. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events