It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create API Tokens in Confluence 6.10 Data Center?

I have a request from a User for a Confluence REST API token. Can I create a REST API token in Confluence 6.10 Data center? I am a new administrator for Confluence. Thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

There is no token-based auth for Confluence Server or Data Center.

The relevant docs are a bit outdated, but this is still valid: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/using-the-rest-apis-prototype-only/

@Yves_Martin  thanks for pointing to my app

@Bill_Brinkley right now I'm on a halfway to get DC approval, so you can click watch app to be notified on new DC approved release

P.S. feel free to ask any question :)

Btw, DC approval is done and available on the marketplace API Tokens for Confluence Data Center

Hi Bill,

this may be too old now for you to benefit - however it may still be worth someone who stumbles across this topic.

We have released a 3rd party App that implements the API Token Concept in Confluence & Jira.

It's available for both Server & Data-Center. It also has some additional security features (blocking normal basic auth, IP address restrictions, etc) that some people may find interesting.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you