Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy and paste entire page containing Page Layout sections in cloud version ?

Aurelie Pilette November 7, 2017

Hello,

For he cloud version, do you know if there is an add on allows to copy several sections from a page ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

4 answers

2 votes
Aurelie Pilette November 8, 2017

Hello,

When I have several sections on a page, I can only select one by one. I don't how to select several of them.

@AnnWorley : thanks for you help.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hi Aurelie,

You can select all at once using your CMD+A shortcut (or CTRL+A on Windows, I believe). This will select ALL sections.  Otherwise, if you need to select a few that are apart then this is where I said you might need to select them one at a time.

I would give the add-on that Ann mentioned a try and see if you're able to select them more quickly with that option.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Thierry Dalon August 7, 2019

Hi Shannon.sorry a few years letter I face the same issue. Ctrl+A does not select the whole page content if I have multiple sections in the page. I I click in a section it only copy the content of this section.

If I click outside the sections Ctr+A doesn't select anything.

This is really annoying.

Like kriegaex likes this
1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Adding to Shannon's reply, I would like to point out this handy plugin for Cloud: Source Editor for Confluence I use it all the time to paste exact content from one page to another.

Thierry Dalon August 7, 2019

it shall be built-in in the product

Like YC Lian _ServiceRocket_ likes this
0 votes
K.P. Ehms August 17, 2018

Same problem as @Aurelie Pilettehere. We have certain cases where users have to copy the whole content of a page containing some sections into an existing (other) page. One example is major refactoring of a page but still the same content, audience. One does not want to loose statistics, watches etc. that are bound to the existing page. So pasting the whole content as a new version is the preferred option.

Source code editor is not available to all users on our platforms for good reasons.

Source code editor, while still existing in the marketplace, qualifies as unsupported ( @AnnWorley )

CTRL+A shortcut on Windows (10), Chrome 68, confluence 6.4.3 server; same with 6.10.1 without any plugins:  only selects the current section, not all sections / complete content. So @Shannon S 's system works differently or there is some misunderstanding!?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

Hi @K.P. Ehms,

To answer your concerns, this thread was regarding Confluence Cloud as it was in November 2017.

So it is likely that my system was working differently than yours at the time.

It appears you're referring to the server version as well, which is developed separately from Cloud.

My recommendation would be to raise a new thread that's more specific to Server versions of Confluence so we can come up with a more suitable solution for your needs and Confluence version.

Editing to add the current feature request for this:

The workaround stands to use the Source Editor add-on or to edit and copy content using WebDAV.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Marais Dekker likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

Additionally - the "unsupported" tag refers to the fact that Atlassian support doesn't support that particular add-on. Generally you'll want to reach out to the add-on provider if support is being offered.

It does not mean that it will not work with the given Confluence version. For this, please check the 'supported versions' under the title:

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 2.14.34 PM.png

I hope that's clear, but if you have any questions please let us know!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2017

Hi Aurelie,

It's possible to select the sections you require and copy and paste those into a new page in Confluence. 

Can you explain a bit more exactly what you need to do? If the sections aren't together, then you'd need to select them one at a time and paste them in.

Also, you could copy the page and then remove the sections you do not need.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Peter Wilhelm April 13, 2022

It's 5 years later and this still isn't supported. In case it wasn't clear originally, the ask is pretty straightforward. CTRL+A is supposed to select ALL, not just the section where the cursor is at the time those keys are pressed. The latter is how it works today. There doesn't seem to be any way to copy an entire page that contains multiple sections, or even to copy more than one section at a time, whether via CTRL+A or any other method. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events