How to configure to ensure & in URLs aren't interpreted as &

We have links embedded in our confluence page buttons we have created to navigate directly to create issue type form (e.g. Create Bug takes the user to an blank Bug form)

When you hover over the button, the link is correct; but, when you click on it, the & in the URL is being replaced by & and consequently the form is not correct.

Does someone know what system, tomcat, or some other configuration we need to set to make this work as expected as we tried this in the OnDemand environment, and it works fine. It's just in our download environment.

2 answers

1 accepted

Thus far, the team has found no solution to this and believe it is an issue with the Adaptavist clickable macro itself and we have submitted a bug report to them.

Hello Kalynn,

Out of curiosity are you running a WAR install of Confluence or our Standalone version? Also what version? I did a quick test in Confluence 4.3.3 standalone and did not see the behavior you are talking about. Would you mind providing the URL you are linking to so I can test further in our test environments?

Hi Daniel,

We were on OnDemand and migrated to OnPremise this week. Consequently, we had to take the same version of Confluence (which is 5.0-OD-27) and the same plugins that OnDemand had. But, once we migrated, the clickable macro no longer works.

A URL that was associated with it is not visible in the macro on editing; however, if you input in the macro or create a new one, it doesn't recognize it and the clickable action doesn't work. I tried inputting http:www.google.com and that doesn't even work - it cannot recognize any URL that is not a Confluence site.

If you don't edit the macro and hover over it, you see the correct URL. But, when you click on it, it doesn't escape the &. It replaces it with & so the user navigates to an incorrect URL.

Kalynn,

I think you are right about this issues being with the Adaptavist clickable macro. Confluence 5.0 uses a slightly different plugin archetecture from any of the 4.x series. It is likely that the plugin is not yet compatible with the Confluence 5.0 series. Your comment below will be the best way to resolve this. I would think that there would be no publically released version of an updated plugin until Confluence 5.0 is released publically.

What threw me off is that the macro is working fine in the OnDemand environment which is at the 5.x EAP.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,941 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you