How to configure to ensure & in URLs aren't interpreted as &&

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2013

We have links embedded in our confluence page buttons we have created to navigate directly to create issue type form (e.g. Create Bug takes the user to an blank Bug form)

When you hover over the button, the link is correct; but, when you click on it, the & in the URL is being replaced by & and consequently the form is not correct.

Does someone know what system, tomcat, or some other configuration we need to set to make this work as expected as we tried this in the OnDemand environment, and it works fine. It's just in our download environment.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Thus far, the team has found no solution to this and believe it is an issue with the Adaptavist clickable macro itself and we have submitted a bug report to them.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hello Kalynn,

Out of curiosity are you running a WAR install of Confluence or our Standalone version? Also what version? I did a quick test in Confluence 4.3.3 standalone and did not see the behavior you are talking about. Would you mind providing the URL you are linking to so I can test further in our test environments?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hi Daniel,

We were on OnDemand and migrated to OnPremise this week. Consequently, we had to take the same version of Confluence (which is 5.0-OD-27) and the same plugins that OnDemand had. But, once we migrated, the clickable macro no longer works.

A URL that was associated with it is not visible in the macro on editing; however, if you input in the macro or create a new one, it doesn't recognize it and the clickable action doesn't work. I tried inputting http:www.google.com and that doesn't even work - it cannot recognize any URL that is not a Confluence site.

If you don't edit the macro and hover over it, you see the correct URL. But, when you click on it, it doesn't escape the &. It replaces it with & so the user navigates to an incorrect URL.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Kalynn,

I think you are right about this issues being with the Adaptavist clickable macro. Confluence 5.0 uses a slightly different plugin archetecture from any of the 4.x series. It is likely that the plugin is not yet compatible with the Confluence 5.0 series. Your comment below will be the best way to resolve this. I would think that there would be no publically released version of an updated plugin until Confluence 5.0 is released publically.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

What threw me off is that the macro is working fine in the OnDemand environment which is at the 5.x EAP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events