Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the top menu bar in Confluence cloud version

CBB Admin April 1, 2020

Hi,

I wan to to edit (add/update)the top menu bar in confluence cloud version.

I am unable to find the options to change the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Timo Hilbertz April 29, 2022

no way to change the top menu bar? this is another reason why i am more and more convinced that confluence is just a big piece of pathetic and expensive bloatware. we pay >3000 EUR per month and will turn back to SharePoint.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Ahh, Sharepoint, the place where documents go to retire, unread.

It is the same question though - why do you want to change the top bar?  What's missing or in there that shouldn't be in your opinion?

Like Brandon Bellamy likes this
Albert Salgiriev May 15, 2022

I would like to put custom links to the top bar. For beginners to visit two spaces, because they will use them a lot at the beginning.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

That's the wrong way to approach "user not knowing what they are doing".  The explanation you want to give them is content, not links jammed into navigation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2020

There is no way to edit the bar, it's not configurable by users.

Some apps can add functions to the bar if they need to be in it, but that's the only changeable part of the menus.

Could you maybe explain what you are trying to do and why?  Why would you need to edit the menus?

Dragoljub Nesic April 23, 2020

I am pondering the same question. I'd like to have a simple knowledge-base confluence instance accompanying the jira service desk in the cloud. As such, I don't want external (anonymous) users to have the option of selecting a Space, or creating Pages, or seeing the page history, and so on.

In effect, I'd like the setup to look like Atlassian's own support page for Confluence (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/). Is that possible and, if so, how?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2020

Service desk customers won't get those options, a knowledgebase only gives them access to read the articles you've defined as helping for the portal they have come in from.

I agree with what you write with respect to the ServiceDesk. There is a caveat though: in order to link the knowledge base space into ServiceDesk, the Confluence space must allow anonymous access. Hence, given that both are in Atlassian cloud, anyone can navigate to Confluence directly and then see it's interface directly, including page history access, comments and so on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2020

No, it doesn't.  You don't need anonymous access for customers to use the knowledge base.  They get access via their Jira portal accounts.

Thanks, got that.

If we disregard the ServiceDesk connection aspect now, my question would be whether it is possible to create a single-space, anonymous access Confluence instance where anonymous users can only view content but not page history, comments, selection of other spaces and similar? A Login option would be available to all and logged in users would get access to full Confluence functionality.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2020

Only partly.  If you create a space and allow anonymous access to it, then

Anonymous users will be able to see all the pages (assuming no restrictions are set), and all their content - history, comments and so-on.

They will not be shown spaces that do not have anonymous access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events