Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default landing page for logged-out user?

Nathan Meffert December 10, 2019

The landing page that logged-out users are routed to—I believe that it's called the Overview page?—is very confusing for our staff. They are not incredibly computer savvy.

The best case would be that they are routed to a very simple page with a username field, a password field, and a "login" button.

Is this possible to set up?

2 answers

1 vote
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

That's actually the default dashboard page, now labelled as the activity feed or discovery page.

A couple of options to consider:

1. Turn off anonymous access
  2. Update the "Welcome to Confluence" message in the right hand column with something that directs them more clearly to login

The only problem with the second option is that you can't easily hide or change that welcome message based on login status. There is a visibility macro in the marketplace, but I don't believe it support that yet in Cloud.

Beyond that, you would need to create a custom macro.

It might also be worth giving some feedback to Atlassian about this, as it is a bit of usability issue for Confluence Cloud sites that support anonymous access as the login button is in a strange spot (bottom-left) and isn't well labelled.

benvindo.marial January 15, 2020

Thank you very much for your awesome response 

Like James Dellow likes this
0 votes
benvindo.marial December 10, 2019

@Nathan Meffert Which page are you referring to ? Can you elaborate a little ?

In confluence you can setup basic space\for each department or groups 

Kind regards

Ben 

Nathan Meffert December 10, 2019

Thanks for responding, Ben.

This is the page that users see when they visit the site after having been logged out:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 10.29.13 AM.png

This is what I want them to see:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 10.29.41 AM.png

After they log in, I would like them to be routed to our main space, which includes a landing page with links to all other spaces.

Make sense? Thanks again!

Like benvindo.marial likes this
benvindo.marial December 10, 2019

Yes makes sense now and also thanks for the screenshots ......Lastly JIRA  Confluence permissions could be at play here :

Example we are all using Single sign-on (SSO) 

CONFLUENCE_1.JPGOnce I input my password <Go straight to KB's> spaces that I've create and team created ......I am guessing is permissions somewhere ....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events