Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bulk pages move in Confluence

Ron Jacob May 7, 2018

I need to move list of pages in Confluence from one Space to another.

Is there any bulk  page movement command in Confluence

2 answers

2 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Hi,

As @Thomas Schlegel suggested here, you can 

put all the pages under one parent page and move this parent page to the other space. The child pages will be moved with the parent page

This should work as long as you don't have a sophisticated tree.

Ron Jacob May 9, 2018

How to move the Parent Page from one space to another? What do mean by  sophisticated tree. ?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

Hi! 

Sorry for not getting back to you for a couple of days.

By a sophisticated tree I meant a sophisticated page tree when you have several layers of pages. I took a deeper look into the issue and it might not be the problem at all. You just move your parent page and all its child pages are moved with it.

Let's assume you have this structure:

Page 1

Page 2

Page N

To move all the pages to another space at once you should first create a "Parent page" and place all other pages in it. You can do it using "Reorder pages" functionality:

move_page_3.jpg

So that it looks like:

Parent page

|_   Page 1

|_   Page 2

|_ ...

|_ Page N

Next, you just move your parent page to another space and that's it, - all its childs pages are moved with it:

move_page_1.jpgmove_page_2.jpg

There's also an option to reorder pages during the process (though I never used it myself I can't tell you how it works).

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Ron Jacob May 14, 2018

Is there any plugin which provide bulk movement of pages from one space to another

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events