Confluence: Bulk move pages

A group setup an automated user for Confluence that creates pages automatically after a specific task. They have, however, set it up to create pages in the wrong space. Is there a way to move pages in bulk instead of one-by-one?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
6 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Feb 26, 2012

Hi,

put all the pages under one parent page and move this parent page to the other space. The child pages will be moved with the parent page.

Best regards

Thomas

There's not any way in the Confluence Admin panel that I have seen, but you may consider altering the CONTENT.SPACEID field in the database for each affected record. There may be other fields to alter, but that's technically how you can move content between spaces quickly.

Also note, that content in 1 space may have different permissions than content in another, so if you mess with the database to switch content betwene spaces you may unintened side affects unless you also review the content permissions in CONTENT_PERM table.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

259 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you