Confluence: Bulk move pages

Annette Bernardino February 23, 2012

A group setup an automated user for Confluence that creates pages automatically after a specific task. They have, however, set it up to create pages in the wrong space. Is there a way to move pages in bulk instead of one-by-one?

5 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2012

Hi,

put all the pages under one parent page and move this parent page to the other space. The child pages will be moved with the parent page.

Best regards

Thomas

Production Management January 17, 2021

I guess he is asking is there a way to move them bulk, but your answer assumes he still needs to move them one by one under one parent page.

Like # people like this
jchprj February 26, 2021

Tested. If deleted a parent page, all the child pages will be attached to the parent page of the parent page. Say if A->B->C, after delete B, it's A->C. 

17 votes
Christine C November 5, 2018

Under Space Tools > Content Tools > Reorder Pages there's an option to drag pages to their new position.  Helpful if you're moving things not too far away from its existing hierarchy and beats having to click on each page individually and move.

David Looby January 30, 2019

This is the way to go.

Like # people like this
JSzymik February 11, 2019

This is what I was looking for!

Like Christine C likes this
Ray Krehn February 22, 2019

That was easy! Thank you.

Edward Yebuah-Okwei July 24, 2019

Great answer. Thank you

Todd May 28, 2020

Perfect solution (after I had to Google where to find "Space Tools"! :) Thank you!

Like Aromal Chenthamarakshan likes this
Andre Vergison August 5, 2020

I moved some ten page, most fine! Then one hundred pages or so, dragging them one by one, and when calling my page tree apparently nothing had changed ... Had to redo the move. :(

I moved another few hundreds pages afterwards, piece meal, all went fine.

Anyone such experience?

(7.4.0)

Aromal Chenthamarakshan March 24, 2021

Not a perfect solution if we have to move hundreds of pages, but still better than nothing. Thank you @Christine C.

Heather Cochrane February 21, 2023

I love drag & drop but it has its limits.  As some others have mentioned, I have too many to make this workable for a particular situation.  It's taking me forever to move these files where they need to go.  A bulk move option would be MUCH better.  If I could CTRL+Click, then drag & drop the group of selected items, that would be more helpful.

4 votes
Johannes Schneider May 26, 2020

So still no way to select multiple pages within a tree to move them to another tree?

Santosh Kumar Devata July 9, 2020

Yes, I'm also in the queue waiting for this.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2012

There's not any way in the Confluence Admin panel that I have seen, but you may consider altering the CONTENT.SPACEID field in the database for each affected record. There may be other fields to alter, but that's technically how you can move content between spaces quickly.

Also note, that content in 1 space may have different permissions than content in another, so if you mess with the database to switch content betwene spaces you may unintened side affects unless you also review the content permissions in CONTENT_PERM table.

1 vote
Ray Krehn July 24, 2019

As of a recent release, you can drag-and-drop directly on the menu itself on the left. You no longer need to go into Space Tools > Content Tools > Reorder Pages.

Andre Vergison August 5, 2020

In 7.4.0 you can drag and drop, but I see no effect. The target is not highlighted/selected.

Like cerebro84 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events