Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically fill in variables on custom templates?

Steven Garbarino October 30, 2016

I know how to make a variable on a custom template, in which the user inputs the info for each variable before creating the document. But how do I get variables to automatically fill in like the pre-made Confluence templates? Variables like current date and document owner. 

Thanks for the help!
Steven 

3 answers

2 votes
Kate Hanna October 30, 2016

I also would like this - I've just given up using variables on my custom templates because the experience for the user of the template is so bad.

0 votes
Jan November 9, 2016

We are using Page information which is free and works perfectly for us. You can add info like create date, create user, modify user etc. automatically by adding this macro to a page or even templates.  

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

That's only available for Server and the OP is using Cloud.

Kate Hanna November 9, 2016

But thanks anyway Jan, we're on Server and I'd been following this thread in the hopes of help for us. smile

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2016

By default variables can't be auto-filled with values like current date or username.

I don't know if there is a 3rd party plugin that does exactly what you need, but you can find a list of template plugins here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events