How to automate a release report showing all different versions in Confluence?

luca.bisoni February 17, 2020

My backlog page in Jira shows all different versions with the assigned issues. Can I have this in Confluence with the ability to write a comment on each version?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hi Luca,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

From my understanding, you want to have a page in Confluence that lists your release versions in Jira. You want to be able to add notes for each version. Is that right? 

The current Jira and Confluence integration allows you to build reports in Confluence from Jira, display issues using the Jira Issues Macro, or using a Jira report template, as outlined below:

However, it sounds like you want to be able to add a comment in Confluence and have that show up in Jira. Is that right? Would you expect it to add the comment to the backlog page in Jira?

This is a bit tricky, as there's not currently an integration between Confluence and Jira like that. Bob Swift mentions one example using an add-on called Advanced Tables in the question below:

If the suggestion above doesn't help, I would recommend reviewing the other add-ons available at Atlassian Marketplace, since there might be a 3rd party add-on available that could help you with that.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

luca.bisoni March 17, 2020

Brilliant, thanks Shannon.

Luca

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2020

You're welcome, Luca. Hopefully it can help!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events