How to amend Modified date displayed for attachments

John Reid March 9, 2020

We're in the process of moving documents from an old Confluence server (5.1.2) to a new instal (6.13.10) and documents on the new server are showing up as having a modified date of date of transfer. 

How do I go about making changes so that I can retain the same dates on the documents as displayed previously.

Many thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello there! As I understand, you are currently migrating documents from one Confluence instance into another. During this process, the document creation date is altered to the copy date. Is that correct @John Reid ?

If the movement you are executing consists of downloading files from one Confluence into another, the modification date will be altered to match the current workflow. This is because the files are actually changing when you download and upload them again.

If you need every date to be the same as what you had in the previous instance, you will need to export content from the old instance and then import it back into the new one.

Keep in mind that importing a space into Confluence will effectively bring all the content within that space. You can check further information on how to import and export spaces here:

Let us know if this helps you out! Looking forward to your reply.

John Reid March 11, 2020

@Diego thanks for the reply.

I was able to achieve the desired results by updating the CREATIONDATE and LASTMODDATE in the CONTENT table for the required attachments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events