How to add mailto: in Footers

Mark Storey August 13, 2019

I want to include an email address in the footer of my space (format=mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com).

If it's possible, what is the syntax I should use? I tried the format listed above, and it just appears as text.

TIA for responses.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello,

Try adding int into square brackets into Footer section of Space Look and Feel settings:

[mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com]

See Confluence Wiki Markup for more details.

Regards,

Igor

Mark Storey August 19, 2019

Igor,

I appreciate your reply. 

I used the format shown, but the email isn't active, i.e. it's not a hyperlink. It just displays [distribution_list@adomain.com], and I'd like for it to be an active link.

I was able to add it in a section of current pages, but that's not as 'handy,' as having it as a formal 'Footer,' on our pages.

Was I hoping for too much, :) or did I enter it incorrectly?

Thanks.

Mark

Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hey @Mark Storey apologies for the late reply,

This is odd, I was able to add email as the footer of every page by going to Space Tools > Look and Feel > Sidebar, Header and Footer and pasting [mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com] into a Footer.
In my space it appeared as hyperlink:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 15.06.40.png

Are you sure you used the markup with ":" instead of "=" and "[]" instead of "()"

Also, check if you do not have any global HTML or Footer added that would be overwriting space local one.

Regards,

Igor

Mark Storey September 16, 2019

Not sure what I did before, but I must have had a typo in the markup, because I tried again, and voila! It works!

Thanks much!

Mark

Igor M.
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2019

Awesome! 

If you have no other questions, feel free to mark it as the accepted answer.

Regards,

Igor

0 votes
Ruud Ravensbergen March 4, 2022

How do you do this if you olso want to ad a subject or even a body with the page name in it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events