How to add a table of contents to confluence without a the macro

Jennifer Klafin August 16, 2017

I'm creating a Confluence page, but I'm not an admin therefore I just have a icon based menu and none of them are macros. All the articles I've found for inserting a Table of Contents refers to using a macro.

Is there a way to add a table of contents without a macro? Thanks!

Pic attached of the menu I have.Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 8.03.52 AM.png

4 answers

0 votes
Jennifer Klafin August 17, 2017

My apologies for the run around - turns out it's not Confluence. :/

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

No problem - maybe this is the time to move to Confluence :-)

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! :)

@Thomas Schlegel - Yes! Reading about Confluence and using what we're on now, I wish we were on it. :)

0 votes

Hi all -

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Unfortunately none of those worked. I'll dig more - somehow I believe there's a way to reference the different header #s, even if I have to do it manually. I'll keep playing around with it and post if I figure it out.

I ping'd our IT team to find out what version we have and if it truly is Confluence - thought it was with our company wrapper on it since we use mosty Atlassian solutions, but double checking. 

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi Jennifer,

That looks quite unlike the Confluence editor, more like a standard TinyMCE interface... which version of Confluence are you using?

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2017

Does Ctrl-Shift-A to open the macro selection dialog work?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

or typing toc with a bracket like this:

{toc

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

This menue looks quite unfamiliar to me. Do you have another editor for your pages?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events