cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a footer to new theme

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

The new theme now requires admins to know HTML. We've had to migrate our spaces to the new theme due to critical bugs in the doc theme. But, I am an admin - not a developer - and unfortunately do not have the skills or know what to google to now modify the headers and footers of the pages since everything is now HTML.

I need to add a yellow banner with our confidential and proprietary statement to the footer of all of our confluence pages. Can anyone provide direction as to how I modify the site main or page layout to add this? Does anything know of a some good websites for doing/learning basic HTML?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2014

Hey Karie,

For editing the footer content of your Confluence instance, you should go to the Confluence Admin > Look&Feel > HTML which will provide you the options to edit or the head, the body or the footer. However, to insert content inside the footer, you might been interested to take a look at the following article, that specifies where are the files that you need ot take a look:

How to Edit the Footer in Confluence

Also, for good weebsites about the basic HTML, I was doing a research and here's what I could find:

Basic HTML Introduction

HTML Beginner Tutorial

Hope these information help you, Karie. :)

Cheers,

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events