How to add a custom field in user administration in confluence 6.7 Edited

I need to add a custom field to the number of fields already present while adding a user.

Like we have

Username

Full Name

Email

Password

Confirm Password

The above fields with text boxes and add button.I need to add some other fields lets say phone number fields.Hence while adding user i can add their contact number as well.I need this urgently.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Code.  The user directory is not a pluggable thing, you will need add-ons to create these extra fields and store them.  It also depends very heavily on what user directory you are using - LDAP, internal crowd, external crowd, etc all very different things.

We are using gmail accounts as we are on a POC stage,but going forward while using confluence plan is to add LDAP. But, right now want to explore this custom fields addition in user management.Is that possible?

Currently we are in POC stage with a licensed server 6.7.We are not using AD/LDAP now.We have users in Gmail and need to achieve this functionality.There are some paid one i have tried but need a free plugin to support. Is that possible?

Also please post how we can achieve this with LDAP

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Feb 07, 2018

Hi, 

I think, you need an additional app for that. With Confluence out-of-the-box, you can't add a field to the user administration.

There are some apps on the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=confluence&query=user

But I didn't try any of these yet. 

Most of them looks paid versions.One is free but doesn't support 6.7 version.Already tried.

Give them a chance, 6.7 only came out this week.

I'm quite fond of the add-ons Niklas mentioned, if you do have some money, they're both very good.

i am ready to downgrade my server to 5th family versions.Can i achieve this with some free one that i found like below.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.nyfoundling.confluence.customprofile/server/overview

@debasish mishra This is a macro displaying user profiles on a Confluence Page. It won't enable you to customize user profiles.

Hi @debasish mishra,

You can add such details after creating a user, switch to the user in the user management and choose Edit Details.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 15.17.41.png

You might want to try out Add-ons like User Profiles for Confluence or Custom User Profile. These enable you to add more fields to user profiles in confluence.

Already tried.This is paid one.Need a free custom one 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

63 views 8 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you