Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a custom column to tasks macro

Alex von poncet August 17, 2022

Hi,

We create tasks on the fly in our wiki pages (edit mode). During meetings, on any page... The beautiful task macro then brings all these tasks together in one overview: Open and Closed tasks. But our problem. While consulting these tasks, we dearly want to add new follow-up comments related to these tasks on the spot, without having to visit the original location "task appears on", requiring to dive into the page via edit, find the task, and then adding some new comments.

I was hoping there would be some kind of work-around. Like using Table excerpt + Table transformer macros. Problem is that the task macro has fixed columns: "description, duedate, assignee, location, completedate, labels". And in our case using "description" to link a custom table (for our comments) to the tasks table is not quite the way to go. Our descriptions are detailed, unique and quite long.

Please can someone help me with this. We love the simplicity of using tasks directly in our wiki without the need to create fully fledged tasks in i-track.

Kind regards, 

Alex

1 answer

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Alex von poncet ,

The mentioned Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is our add-on - it seems that you've found this Community question regarding adding manual comments to the Jira Issues macro.

Unfortunately, we don't have any better solution for your case than the one you've described.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events