How to Exclude/Filter Out an Author from Recently Updated results.

As the "Librarian" for our newish Confluence 5.3.4 Wiki I am constantly tidying up, moving pages, adding/changing navigation bits of pages etc.

Consequenetly, my name swamps the Recently Updated macro results.

Is there any way to exclude a single author from the results, or exclude administrators from results? Any work around suggestions would be appreciated too.

OR

Is there a way to show the last update (or "n" updates) by each user, so at least only one/few of my results shows up.

2 answers

There are two approaches to this that I can think of OTOMH:

SQL

User Macro

I would write a user macro to generate a list of recent updates. The Page object has a getLastModifier() method that you could use: maybe build a List of contributors, and then walk the tree of pages to get a count of pages that the user was the last modifier for. Spit out a table of users and the # of pages they updated, with a link to drill down into which pages the user was the last modifier for.

Not trivial, but not beyond the realm of doing by a moderately good Confluence admin. Get crackin'!

Unfortunately, this apparently used to be a feature in the Recently Updated macro, but got dropped along the way. 

There is a JIRA ticket for a feature request to add this back.  I recommend adding your vote to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20956

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

685 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you