Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Confluence to Conflence

J June 4, 2021

I installed this product on my personal server a few years ago.

Recently, I tried to connect to my personal server confluence and move to the cloud, but I can't connect to that confluence.

I can't connect even if I turn the server off and on again.

How can I move my confluence files to the cloud service? 

(The file I have is the same as the attached image.)

confluence_00.JPGconfluence_01.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2021

Hello Kim!

Thanks for including your config file and a screenshot of the error. Everything I'm seeing is pointing to the H2 database (which is meant for demo/trial use) is not available. Further information on the H2 database can be found at Embedded H2 Database.

You might be able to attempt a recovery of the database, this can be done using Startup check: embedded H2 database read-only.

Alternatively, you might have to restore a backup to a new instance of Confluence into a database that is not H2. For that, we suggest Restoring Data from other Backups and to migrate to a new database can be done at Migrating to Another Database.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

J June 18, 2021

Thank you.

I realize that my issue is about the H2 database is not available. And I reading your answer now.

What I want is to move my data to cloud confluence. Should I check all 3 methods you suggested? It's my first time using the service as a personal server, not a programmer, so the whole process is difficult.

J June 18, 2021

I'm following the method you taught me. I installed DB Visualizer and connected it using the backup home path. And I pressed Stop_service.bat in the confluence file. DBVisualier connected the newly created database. However, the following screen appears on the 127.0.0.1 site. I'm not using a proxy server. What should I do next1.JPG

J June 20, 2021

Hello
I tried the way you told me over the weekend. 1. I moved my personal server from the expired h2 database to Oracle. So I can access my personal server version now. 2. The personal server confluence installation version is 6.12.2. So I installed Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant. 3. And we did a space export. 4. The zip file was retrieved from the Cloud server.

The problem is that there is an error in number 4. What should I do?

*Server Ver.

t_03.JPGt_02.JPG

*Cloud Ver.

t_01.JPG

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hello Kim!

Thanks for including a great amount of detail and your screenshots. Since you're attempting to import a backup into the cloud (vs using the migration tool), you'll have to either do one of the following:

1. Install and use the migration assistant (Which is looks like you started)
  2. Upgrade your Confluence server to a higher version, take an export and then restore in cloud.

The easiest option is 1, from your notes it looks like you have this already installed but did an export vs using the app to migrate. Please review and follow the instructions listed here: Use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate.

If I am not understanding your steps correctly or if you're still having difficulty then please let me know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

J June 21, 2021

Hi Stephen Sifers,

I moved data from the Confluence server to the cloud.

But, I have another problem.

The author of the page created in the cloud version seems to have become the password for my server version password.

All the authors of the page moved to the cloud version became my passwords. Is there a way to change this to a different name at once?

-Kim

image.png

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2021

Hello Kim,

Glad to hear you were able to get your data in Confluence cloud but it does seem your XML data might have needed some adjusting from your comment on passwords and authors.

The best path forward will be to reset your cloud site, adjust your XML import and restore your data again. To reset and delete your data you'll need to follow, Reset and delete all data from your cloud site. Ensure you follow each detailed step to ensure you maintain access to your site.

We do have a feature request to adjust authors of pages which can be found at Ability to change the author of an existing page | CONFCLOUD-7247.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

J June 21, 2021

Hello Stephen Sifers,

After deleting the confidence in the cloud, I installed it again and moved the data from the private server. I finally did it! Thank you for your reply. It became complicated because JIRA was installed after using confidence only, but I think the data was backed up.

It's raining a lot in Korea. The weather is getting hotter and hotter.

Thank you.

-Kim

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Have you started the service locally?  If you tried to start it and it is not serving pages, then what does the log file say the problem is?

J June 16, 2021

Sure. I renew my Home server. but I can't access it.

I only see the web page like this.

Q. how can I see my log file?

image.png

J June 17, 2021

and my confluence.cfg.xml is...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<confluence-configuration>

<setupStep>complete</setupStep>

<setupType>custom</setupType>

<buildNumber>7901</buildNumber>

-<properties>

<property name="admin.ui.allow.daily.backup.custom.location">false</property>