I have been charged with planning the upgrade of my organisation's instance of Confluence (downloaded version). We are upgrading from 4.3.2 to 5.4.4 (the directive from management is that we should upgrade to the penultimate version).
In short, success will be measured by the fact that everything runs and looks as it did in the previous version of Confluence.
So far my test plan includes:
1. Confirming layout and images look as they did before
2. Confirm all logos look as they did before
3. Confirm the search function works as expected (i.e. I can find a page I know exists)
4. Confirm all required plug ins are working as expected (i.e. that the gliffy plug in still allows me to view, add, edit or delete an image).
5. I can still export to word and PDF
6. The archiving function works as expected (I can archive and resurrect an archived page)
7. Any macros that exist continue to work as expected
What am I missing?? Any advise or guidance on how/what you have tested when upgrading Confluence would be much appreciated. If you need more info to answer this question, let me know.
Thanks in advance
Your testing scope sounds good, one recommendation is to ask some user that is daily active in your instance to test it as if he was doing his activities normally.
And also, we always recommend to upgrade in a test environment before upgrading in production, so you will have all the time needed to test however you want, then go with the same upgrade method in production.
Thanks for the quick response Pedro. That's great as we will be releasing and testing in a test environment first. I will also be able to ask a user to do activites as normal. Good idea.
Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events