Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Confluence Cloud reindex?

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Since reindexing is understandably a restricted function, I'm wondering how often Confluence Cloud is scheduled to automatically reindex? I know I can request Atlassian to manually instantiate a reindex, but I'd rather not bother them if the answer is something like "nightly" or "every 18 hours" or something like that. We have a new space that was just created a few hours ago in our Cloud instance and when trying to leverage labels to populate dynamic pages in that Confluence space, the labels are not indexing yet, so when I click "Label1" it brings me to a search result page showing no pages presently have that label, even though three presently do.

Just want to best manage expectations with my users :-) 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hey @Russell Zera

Thank you for reaching out. 

We indeed apply background reindexes on Confluence Cloud based on various different activities (eg: when a tenant migrates, a site import happens, the indexing language changes for a tenant, etc), however, there isn't a scheduled time frame to do that. As you mentioned, this is now a background task done by the Dev team, so our customers would not suppose to worry about any gaps. 

About the issue you are facing with the labels on Confluence pages, it might be related to a different problem as a browser cache issue or even the specific action you're taking might not be triggering the reindex (It would definitely be a bug, like the one we have for CQL search).

That being said, could you please provide us the exact steps you are following to reproduce the problem so we can further troubleshoot it? Screenshots and videos are welcome too! :)

Thanks!

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Thank you so much @Petter Gonçalves! Looks like the site did a reindex overnight, so that particular issue has now been resolved and I cannot reproduce it at this time. There was a similar issue with the Page Properties report on our instance that is captured in ticket PSCLOUD-54404, not sure if there are similarities there. Accepting your response as this totally answered it for me!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Thanks a lot @Petter Gonçalves for this useful informations! Shoutouts to @Russell Zera for getting this up - solved a problem for me.

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events