How long does it generally take to Export a Confluence Space?

Marie Millan May 1, 2020

Hello,

We are backing up our Confluence Space to a local drive while we determine if we are going to move it to a website, cloud, another Confluence server ect or just keep locally. Therefore I will be exporting in all 3 formats: HTML, XML, PDF.

I am currently exporting the Confluence Space in HTML using the Content Tools tab in the Space settings. 

Its been running aka "exporting" for 15 minutes now but still only shows 0% completion. We have 261 Pages and 1483 attachments. 

So I have 3 questions:

1. Is this behavior normal and I am just being impatient? Or is there something wrong and that's why it is stuck at 0%?

2. What is the normal export time for an average sized Confluence Space?

3. Is there a way to know how large the export will be? 

Thank you for any guidance you can send my way.

M

3 answers

0 votes
Mattias Vannergård June 8, 2022

I think this bug is also relevant: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-62985

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

Hello, Marie!

Happy to help you with this. According to what you told us when you asked this question, your issue is regarding a Confluence Cloud site, is that right? Can you tell me if the space export ended up completing?

Sometimes with large space exports, it can take a bit longer than usual. Although, you can also encounter an export being hung at 0%. If that's the case, we'd need to to take a look at your Confluence site logs. That will help us to determine if there's an issue with a specific page, or if something else is preventing your export from running.

If you think there might be a problem exporting your space, please report this to your Confluence site admin, who will then be able to raise a case with Atlassian Cloud Support

Thank you, and take care!

Shannon

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

Hi,
I know from experience that a complete backup of the Confluence using xml in a zip file with 10 GB took about 1.5 hours.
My private confluence in the same procedure with only 1 GB takes about 6-10 minutes.
The server hardware is also important.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events