How is inline task ID different from Global ID and which one of them is immutable?

Anvesha_Rajan June 4, 2020

I need to map the task description to some unique immutable ID. So, I was just wondering if you could help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

Hello Anvesha,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you join us.

I'm happy to help you, but I'd like to know a bit more about what you're trying to do exactly.

1. Can you let me know what the global ID is that you are referring to?
  2. Is there a document you are referencing?

For more information on how information is organized in a Confluence database, you can have a look at this page on the Confluence Data Model. It outlines the available tables and columns and where you can find specific information.

It seems that you might be looking to develop some sort of add-on or integration for use with Confluence. If this is the case, I would recommend also raising an inquiry at the Atlassian Developer Community. The Developer Community is more suited to questions like this one, whereas this community tends to be more end-users. 

You can also find more details on developing for Confluence Cloud from our developer page:

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any trouble or questions.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events