How is everyone handing feature requests, reqs gathering and scrum dev pipelines across Jira?

Todd Johnson April 19, 2023

I've inherited an Atlassian environment that wasn't given much love and I look after all things IT, Development and Data for this 'program' within a larger organisation. So far I've consolidated a bunch of 'projects' into a single product 'project' and linked service management requests to gather feature requests and create an epic in the Jira Software project.

So the process is: 

User submits a request in Service Management portal > request is approved by product owner as a 'good idea' > automation creates an epic in Jira Software project with a label for reqs gathering > BA then builds out user stories and removes label > the epic and associated user stories end up in Product backlog for refinement and creation of development tasks > follows standard scrum and development workflows to completion.

The problem I still have is the business wants more visibility into the product pipeline and ideation process... The business have their own projects that they run (without any sort of tools other than email and spreadsheets) that have an IT component in some cases but not all... 

So many products...

Product Discovery for ideation however: 

• No request forms for business users to submit without requiring a licence
  • Has awesome configuration otherwise to meet our ideation needs and can link to JSW or JWM

Jira Work Management for business projects: 

• Has forms 
  • Limited ideation components but could meet the basic PM activites they do and need a tool for
  • No advanced Roadmaps across projects.. yet.. and that can include the IT development projects

Jira Service Management

• Helps with our ITSM requirements
  • Has portal for users to submit forms without a licence
  • How to handle passing issues to PM tools but also engage customers through the portal...?

Jira Software Management

• We now, mostly, have our development workflow done properly to meet our development requirements so this part is good.

Finally, the question...

The question I've got however is how y'all using the Atlassian suite to handle similar processes?

Side question... How do you handle your requirements gathering step?

As I was typing this out, has anyone tried... JSM as the portal and forms for customer > Idea goes to JPD owned by product owner and product managers > once approved it gets linked to either JWM or JSW for delivery tasks. But then again, no advanced roadmap functionality... 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events