How is 'Popular updates' -feed created on Dashboard

We are in the process of upgrading our hardware and I have the new servers up and running with a snapshot from our production server contents. The Confluence version is the same, 5.8.4, but the OS changes from RHEL5 to RHEL7. The new system does not show Popular updates either to  anonymous user or to logged in user , it just loads the updates forever. All updates are shown correctly. Reindexing did not help. Any ideas about where to look for the cause?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I loaded a new dump to the new system and now the feed is OK. Probably there was some kind of inconsistency caused by the dump being taken from an active database. When the new system is really taken into production the database dump will of course be consistent.

I think this log entry shows the problem: 128.214.229.20 - - [11/Dec/2015:13:55:22 +0200] "GET /rest/popular/1/stream/content?days=7&pageSize=20 HTTP/1.1" 404 48757

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,057 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you