How does the number of views work on Confluence?

Fahad Akhtar December 15, 2022

Hi,

When I go to a page in Confluence, click '...', then go to Analytics I see the number of views for that page. My question is, are the number of views only for the number of times people with Confluence licenses view the page or does this include customer views via the portal? 

Thanks,
Fahad

1 answer

0 votes
Nitin Rastogi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2023

Hello @Fahad Akhtar ,

Number of views on a confluence page does includes the views of anonymous users i.e. who are not logged in to confluence or doesn't have direct access to confluence.

Thanks

Nitin Rastogi

Fahad Akhtar January 5, 2023

Hi Nitin,

Are you sure about that because I had asked a similar question on here and they had said it is only licensed users. Please double check.

Thanks,
Fahad

Nitin Rastogi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2023

Hello Fahad,

Similar query has been answered in below post where it was confirmed that anonymous user activity if you have some public content is also available in the views count.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-questions/Analytics-Are-Anonymous-user-views-able-to-be-seen-too/qaq-p/1815562 

Please let me know if you still have any queries around same.

Thanks

Nitin Rastogi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events