Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Analytics - Are Anonymous user views able to be seen too?

Does the Analytics module allow you to view space, page usage data for not only known users but also visits from anonymous users too - so for example, where I have made a space public, can I see how many visits the space and its pages have from anonymous users?

So for example in the Page Analytics examples I have seen, there only ever seems to be data related to known users, however would be great to be able to see how many anonymous user visits there has been too - or is there another way to obtain this information to consider - maybe an AddIn someone could suggest?

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Sep 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Voakes ,

yes, data for anonymous users are available (new user Anonymous appears in the statistics, if somebody, who is not logged in, do some activity in your Confluence).

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Where can I see this data?

Thanks!

Helen

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Sep 11, 2022

Hi @Helen Griffith ,

you can find everything about the Analytics here. There are several places, where they are available.

Does that include anonymous user activity? That is what I am after... I don't want to change my Confluence plan (we currently are on the standard plan, it looks like analytics are available only for premium or enterprise plans) only to find that I still can't see anonymous data. Nothing in the pages you linked to mentions anonymous data.

Thank you!

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Sep 14, 2022

@Helen Griffith Yes, last time I've used this functionality it included anonymous user activity (when you have some public content).

Maybe you can start the trial for Premium plan and see, whether you get the data you want? Or create a new cloud test site with Premium plan and then cancel it?

I've started a trial! I can see activity by anonymous users! I've waited 8 years for this! I'm so excited :)

Thank you!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Hi Helen,
If you don't want to switch from the default plan to a higher plan, but still want to see the activities of the anonymous users, you can do this with the app Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence.

Best regards

Mattia

Thank you Mattia. I didn't know about this app. I'll take a look. I'm currently using Google Analytics in Confluence but that still doesn't show Anonymous data... The Viewtracker app is also free (we have <10 users!) so that is probably the best solution.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events