How do you move table content? (Selecting text / content inside a macro).

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

http://www.screencast.com/t/YZvyLjU7t4I

I've done this video to show how I can't seem to select table content easily to move it. (It is times like this when I really really miss Wiki Markup).

I can't seem to select the content with the mouse. I can with the keyboard but it is very tedious.

I'm using 4.2.13 (hopefully this is fixed or easier in 4.3). Is this a bug or am I not doing something correctly?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felicity Chapman October 17, 2012

There may be a 'proper' way to do this that I'm unaware of, but when I cannot work out how to do something then I switch to the Storage Format view. You can then copy and paste content as if it were wiki markup (it's just harder to find the right pieces of text).

This requires you to install the Confluence Source Editor plug-in, but can be a useful workaround.

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

This trick doesn't work in recent Confluence versions.

To be more specific after changing something is Source Editor it's not possible to save result, because Apply button doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events