Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do you link numbers together on different pages?

I'm trying to link two sets of numbers together on different pages in confluence. I want to be able to update one set of numbers and that change reflects on the other set. Is it possible to link these two together? I've tried to link the numbers together, but the only result that I'm able to achieve is to link it back to that page. I need to dig down to a specific piece of information. 

2 answers

Hi @Mike Elliott ,

Maybe our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app can help your issue.

For example, you'll be able to achieve the following case with the help of our add-on:

• place your source table with data in the Table Excerpt macro
  • reuse this table wherever you need with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro
  • perform calculations/aggregate your numbers using the reused table with our Table Transformer and/or Pivot Table macros

As you can see, you have only one source table to be updated. All the changes are automatically passed through the Table Excerpt to the Table Excerpt Include macro and further.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Sep 14, 2022

@Mike Elliott Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

This is likely not the solution that you are looking for, but it is the only one that comes to mind. If the numbers (I'll assume this is something like Sales Figures) on the 'source' page are placed in a Page Properties Macro, you can 'emulate' these numbers on a 'target' page utilizing the Page Properties Report Macro.

The only other solution I can think of is using the Excerpt Include macro to pull that portion of the source page into the target page.

There are solutions for this on the Marketplace. Appfire has a popular MultiExcerpt Macro.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Watch 4 Confluence apps compete for Best App Demo in September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...

518 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian Community Events