• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you delete unused label in Confluence cloud?

Hello,

On Confluence Cloud, in my label list (accessible with "Labels list" macro) I have some unused label. By "unused label" I mean that when I click on the label, there's no instance of this label being used, so it should not appear on the labels list at all.

NB: The trash is empty, There are no undefined pages, There are no orphaned pages, No templates contains to the unused label. 

Could it be because of unpublished pages? if so how do I find all the unpublished pages?

A previous discussion didn't bring me help as it's old and for server version: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-you-delete-unused-labels/qaq-p/211610

Thanks in advance for your feedback

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Michel,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

There's a bug right now where removed labels are still appearing on the Labels List Macro:

• CONFCLOUD-58953 Labels not being used anymore still show on Labels list macro

I believe you might be referring to this issue here. At this time, there's no workaround for that issue.

Please click This affects my team on the above link. You will be automatically added to the list of watchers who will receive updates on the status of the bug.

Thank you again, and have a pleasant weekend.

Regards,

Shannon

Hello Shannon,
Thanks that's exactly the behavior I obverse. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or a wrong user manipulation

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this

Thank you for confirming that, Michel.

Hopefully, we will see a resolution on this shortly.

Take care, and have a pleasant week.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Michel Mathia likes this

I have this problem too. I eventually did a workaround by excluding those unused tags in the labels list macro. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you