Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete a Confluence file displayed in a tabular view?

Ramona C. January 5, 2023

How do you delete a Confluence file displayed in a tabular view? Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Ramona C. 

Can I clarify the question here?

Are you looking to delete an attachment which is in a Confluence table? Or something else?

And is this Confluence Server/DC, or Confluence Cloud?

A screenshot might be beneficial here :)

Ste

Ramona C. January 9, 2023

Thanks, @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ - attaching now a screenshot. We use Confluence global, it's in a private cloud.Confluence.JPG

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Ramona C. 

You should be able to expand the Attachment using the arrow on the left-hand side - and choose to delete it from there.

This is assuming you have permission to delete attachments though, via Space Permissions. Without this, you cannot delete attachments.

Ste

Thanks, @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ - Ok, then probably this is the reason why the delete option is not presented using the arrow on the left side - privilege/ permission not granted.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

Hi @Ramona C. 

If you're the Space Admin - you can check whether you have the permission (and grant it to yourself) via the Confluence Space Settings > Space Permissions.

If you're not the Space Admin, I'd contact one and see if they can grant you the permission :)

Ste

Like Ramona C. likes this

Yes, I figured that out :-) I am not a space  admin so need to ask permission. Thanks again! :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events