Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create a banded table style

Debra Hicks May 9, 2017

Hi,

In the Confluence Wiki is there an easy way to create a banded table? I see Bob's table but I am not a programmer and I don't know the parameters I need to set.

Can someone please tell me what the parameters would be? Or if there is an easier way. I know you can manually apply a color, but I need it to be automatic so when I insert a new row it is the right color.

I want a dark grey header with light gray banding.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Josh Gilbert June 21, 2017

Is there no way to accomplish this row banding without having to use a macro or plugin? Seems like this is something that should be configurable from the Source Editor page.

0 votes
Debra Hicks May 9, 2017

A programmer just gave me the solution:

Use the Table Plus macro by Bob Swift. And the only thing I needed to change was the Row style.

,background:ghostwhite,

Make sure to use the commas.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Hi Debra,

That functionality is not included in Confluence by default. I've already found one plugin (available for both Cloud and Server) that offers this feature:

Let us know if this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Debra Hicks May 9, 2017

Thanks, I'll look at it. 

A programmer just gave me one solution:

Use the Table Plus macro by Bob Swift. The only thing I needed to change was the Row style.

,background:ghostwhite,

Make sure to use the commas.

You can also copy and existing table and paste it into the macro and it will reformat it! Yea!

Debra Hicks May 9, 2017

I just looked at your link and it was to Bob's macro :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events