Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we Migrate OnDemand Confluence Instance to another OnDemand Confluence Instance?

Stephen Tsai January 27, 2014

So our situation here is that we have setup two OnDemand Confluence instances/sites, one which was for development and testing purposes and the other to be our main instance. After playtesting with enough with the development we liked what we created and just want to migrate everything from that development instance to our main instance which we have yet to initialize (Blank site basically).

Are we able to do so with the tools we have available from administrative rights within Confluence or is this a backend process that we have to submit a request ticket for? Will we be able to migrate everything all at once instead of piece by piece? Is the Process just exporting confluence into a backup file and then importing that backup file into the new blank instance?

So far I have only found Wiki on how to do so for Download to OnDemand, OnDemand to Download, Download to another Download, and Upgrade (we just have two instances of the same version) but haven't really found any articles related to a simple OnDemand to another OnDemand move. Is it really that simple and I missed something here?

1 answer

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2014

Here is how to Import Wiki Data

That will explain the 2 ways possible of doing the import.

Exports from OnDemand will work fine on another OnDemand. Give it a try.

Stephen Tsai January 27, 2014

Oh, I must have misread this article then if it is what I needed to accomplish my tasks. I will give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events