How do the hosting options work in Questions for Confluence?

Sam Finegold September 25, 2019

I see two options listed for hosting: server and data center. What do these options mean? What are the pros and cons of each? And what are the implications for downloading all data?

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2019

Hello Sam,

Thank you for contacting us about this! I'm happy to help.

Confluence Questions is an add-on that is installed alongside an existing Confluence instance. It allows your users to ask and answer questions right from within Confluence.

There are 3 options to host your Confluence instance.

1. Confluence Cloud - hosted on Atlassian's servers, and managed by Atlassian
  2. Confluence Server - hosted on your own server, or you can hire an Atlassian Partner to host and manage it for you.
  3. Confluence Data Center - if need to run Confluence on multiple nodes within a data center, and manage it yourself. If you're not sure if you need datacenter, you probably are safe to start with Confluence Server, unless your administrator specifically requests it.

To compare the offerings, have a look below:

If you're still not sure what's right for you, I would recommend raising a ticket at support.atlassian.com to get in touch with our Product Advocates. They can help choose the best version of Confluence for you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events