Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get the PDF Export to include the current date

Daniel Park June 13, 2017

Can i customise the PDF exporter so that when it exports the pdf it exports with the date and time or at least date. So that I have a reference to that. 

2 answers

0 votes
Julia B -Doc Queen March 23, 2021

Please vote for this issue to be resolved. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-55765.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Yes, you may add a custom header or footer with the date to the PDF as described in Customize Exports to PDF

I noticed when I export to PDF using the custom export under Space Tools and choosing a page, the space export file name is the space key and then the date and time, for example: ds-140617-1445-26.pdf was space key ds, exported the 14th of the 6th month of '17 at 14:45 (or 2:45 PM).

Daniel Park June 15, 2017

Im not after the file name the file will need to be renamed as nobody will really understand what it means.

Im after the footer information.  I want to know which piece of CSS I need to add to the footter to add a date in the footer.  The customise Exports to PDF says you can use css for stuff, but not this exact piece of information. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

CSS can't pull variables like the system time so we can't dynamically add the date in the stylesheet. There are several PDF exporter plugins on the Marketplace 

I tested Content Exporter (Word, PDF, HTML) and it does provide the date as an option to add to the footer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events