How do i get the PDF Export to include the current date

Can i customise the PDF exporter so that when it exports the pdf it exports with the date and time or at least date. So that I have a reference to that. 

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2017

Yes, you may add a custom header or footer with the date to the PDF as described in Customize Exports to PDF

I noticed when I export to PDF using the custom export under Space Tools and choosing a page, the space export file name is the space key and then the date and time, for example: ds-140617-1445-26.pdf was space key ds, exported the 14th of the 6th month of '17 at 14:45 (or 2:45 PM).

Im not after the file name the file will need to be renamed as nobody will really understand what it means.

Im after the footer information.  I want to know which piece of CSS I need to add to the footter to add a date in the footer.  The customise Exports to PDF says you can use css for stuff, but not this exact piece of information. 

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2017

CSS can't pull variables like the system time so we can't dynamically add the date in the stylesheet. There are several PDF exporter plugins on the Marketplace 

I tested Content Exporter (Word, PDF, HTML) and it does provide the date as an option to add to the footer.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,933 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you