Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i access the confluence administrator group

RichardK October 25, 2012

Hi,

I have just got Atlassian OnDemand and I am working as the admin user, which is a member of a group called 'administrators'. This account lets me do most of the things that I want.

However there are a number of changes I want to make to Confluence that require me to have access to the 'confluence-administrators' group.

However when I go to the user management and groups section both the system-administrators and confluence-administrators groups are not editable, meaning that I can add the admin user to the group. The only user with access to the confluence-administrators group is the sysadmin, which I have no way of accessing.

My aim is to be able to change the css in confluence but as yet I am coming up against a very frustrating brick wall.

Any help is much appreciated as I need to demo the system on monday.

Thanks in advance

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi Richard,

System-Administrator permissions are reserved for Atlassian engineers on the OnDemand platform, which is why you are unable to make the changes or access those groups. In the event that you require a specific task to be performed that requires System-Administrator permisisons you should open a ticket with Atlassian Support and they will perform the task for you. However, please be aware that there are a number of restricted functions on the OnDemand platform compared with self-hosted installs of our appplications, so it might be best to check our list of restrictions before opening a ticket: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Thank you for that. I have edited my questions slightly.

How do i access the confluence-administrator group in order to change the css. Assuming that this doesn't require yourselves at atlassian to do this for us.

Richard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2012

I'm not sure you've understood what John said. The short version is: You can't access the group, it's restricted to Atlassian engineers.

You'll need to raise your request with support. After checking the document John pointed to, in case it's something they simply will not do at all.

Ok. I was reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Confluence+with+CSS

If it's not possible for us to control the font face I can see this being a problem for our marketing bods. Shame as I know that will be a show stopper for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events