Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do create cross-space navigation sidebar?

Deleted user August 13, 2013

How would I go about creating a custom set of links on my sidebar that doesn't disappear when I go to a different space? I have a site with hundreds of spaces and would like a global navigation across them all on my left sidebar. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

If you're trying to add pagetrees to the sidebar in a space, but want to include the links from other spaces, you can't. However, you can do what we did, in this case, which is to create a "link page". This "link page" page has just a page tree macro for its own space.

Then, in another space, you can use the include macro to include the contents of the link page, which lets you add the other space's page tree to any space you want.

Not sure if I explained this clearly, but it's an approach we used when we had multiple spaces but wanted links to all the other spaces' contents.

George Joseph October 8, 2020

Best answer for me. Just to clarify, one needs to create a "page tree" macro within the space they want show elsewhere - use @ and the page to include a page tree. Then in the other space, look for a macro called "include page" macro and again, use @ and the page name to find it in the "page tree" macro.

0 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

Just stumbled upon this one. You may want to try our Spacetree add-on, which allows you to create navigation trees across multiple spaces easily: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.spacetree

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Remo 

0 votes
Haddon Fisher October 28, 2013

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to set one sidebar and then apply it to multiple spaces, yes? If so, I just submitted an improvement if you'd like to add your vote.

Josef Kurmann April 20, 2020

Hello, correct.

I have done several spaces and like to link some of those visible on the sidebar.

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2013

Hello Chris, with the markup described in this article you can add to the top bar site wide links - not exactly what you were looking for, but may help as a starting point. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events