How do I turn off automatic versioning?

KenB August 28, 2022

Every fortnight I modify templates for 5 pages, sometimes making significant changes, we never need to roll back to an old version.

Then, every fortnight I create 5 new pages from these templates. 

Then the 17 people in our team, over a 2-day period, we each modify different sections of these 5 new pages, multiple times,  So each fortnight we have over 400 versions of our 5 pages.  That's well over 10,400 versions each year!  We never need to roll back to an older version. 

Over the last 5 years, this is now taking up a lot of extra space. We dont need versioning.  How do I turn off versioning for both our 5 templates and the pages made from these templates? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

Hi @KenB 

I believe it includes interacting with backend data and as in cloud there is ticket reference for the same

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-27701

Thanks,
Pramodh

KenB August 30, 2022

Thank you for your reply - it is not a solution, but a workaround with a cost.  I'm still not sure if the Script Runner add-on is able to automatically modify the rules for versioning, but it does help with other management tasks for Confluence. Thanks. 

Like Pramodh M likes this
0 votes
KenB August 30, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events