How do I switch from EAR/WAR distribution to standalone when upgrading to Confluence 5.7

Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2015

Confluence 5.7 and later does not ship with an EAR/WAR distribution.

What do I need to do to switch from the EAR/WAR distribution in order to upgrade to Confluence 5.7?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2015

An EAR/WAR distribution will not be available for Confluence 5.7 and later. This means that the only supported application server is the version of Tomcat that is bundled with each release. You can read more about this in the end of support announcement.

If you're currently using the EAR/WAR distribution to deploy Confluence into an existing application server, and want to upgrade to Confluence 5.7 or later, you'll need to follow our instructions for Upgrading Confluence Manually using the standalone distribution (you can't use the installer for this upgrade).  

This upgrade method does not use an installer or run any scripts. Essentially you extract the file (this will be your new installation directory), point it to your existing home directory, copy over your database drivers and other essential files then start Confluence to kick off the upgrade. Once the upgrade is complete you can stop Confluence, and re-apply any customisations.

As always, we strongly recommend taking a snapshot of your production environment and upgrading this test environment first!

(and sorry for answering my own question ... I hope it helps you)

0 votes
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events