How do I sort pages by the number of labels they have?

Hi,

My problem is we have a list of pages, each page containing a description of an issue being experienced by users, some issues are encountered by only one client some by many e.g.

Issue 1 (Labels: User1)

Issue 2 (Labels: User1, User2, User3)

Issue 3 (Labels: User1, User3)

What I want to be able to do, on the parent page is rank the list of issues by the number of labels associated with them, and if possible show the number of labels associated with the page.

e.g.

Page | Count

Issue 2 | 3

Issue 3 | 2

Issue 1 | 1

Any help ont his woudl be greatly appreciated. I can get a plugin installed for thsi if it's needed.

3 answers

Hi Niall

I'm not sure if there's a plugin or macro able to do exactly what you mentioned.

However, did you try using the Content By Label Macro? Could be helpful. :)

Thanks Bruna, definitely helps me out.

Hi,

You can do that with the plugin Reporting from Customware

Regards

Cyrille

Thanks Cyrille, unfortunately the licence cost is too much, but looks like it would work.

In the end, as purcasing plugin Reporting from Customware is not an option I've used the Cheklist Macro with Checklist Labels it doesn't give me a count but does allow me to see the data more clearly..

e.g.

Issue | User1 | User2 | User3 |

Issue1 | x | | |

Issue2 | x | x | x |

Issue3 | x | | x |

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,125 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you