Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sort pages by the number of labels they have?

Niall Sheridan August 28, 2012

Hi,

My problem is we have a list of pages, each page containing a description of an issue being experienced by users, some issues are encountered by only one client some by many e.g.

Issue 1 (Labels: User1)

Issue 2 (Labels: User1, User2, User3)

Issue 3 (Labels: User1, User3)

What I want to be able to do, on the parent page is rank the list of issues by the number of labels associated with them, and if possible show the number of labels associated with the page.

e.g.

Page | Count

Issue 2 | 3

Issue 3 | 2

Issue 1 | 1

Any help ont his woudl be greatly appreciated. I can get a plugin installed for thsi if it's needed.

3 answers

0 votes
Niall Sheridan September 4, 2012

In the end, as purcasing plugin Reporting from Customware is not an option I've used the Cheklist Macro with Checklist Labels it doesn't give me a count but does allow me to see the data more clearly..

e.g.

Issue | User1 | User2 | User3 |

Issue1 | x | | |

Issue2 | x | x | x |

Issue3 | x | | x |

0 votes
Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi,

You can do that with the plugin Reporting from Customware

Regards

Cyrille

Thanks Cyrille, unfortunately the licence cost is too much, but looks like it would work.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi Niall

I'm not sure if there's a plugin or macro able to do exactly what you mentioned.

However, did you try using the Content By Label Macro? Could be helpful. :)

Thanks Bruna, definitely helps me out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events