How do I share templates between spaces in Confluence?

One of my teammates administers several spaces, and would like to be able to re-use some templates he created for one space in the other spaces. Is there a simple and easy way for Site owners to do that without opening the template, copying it, closing it, creating a new template in the other space, pasting the original into the new template, and saving it as a separate template?
This seems silly, since you'd have to update several files if the template needs to be updated. 

Do you have to be a Confluence admin and create a Global Template to share a template between more than one space?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Jeff, 

Unfortunately there's no way to move or copy templates between spaces - manual copy and paste is the only way I'm afraid.  

It sounds like you'd be better off using a global template, which are then available in all spaces in your site - but you do need the Confluence administrator global permission to be able to manage global templates. 

Thanks, Rachel. I was hoping that there might be a different solution. Ah, well.

Sorry! Wish I had a better answer for you too.

Hi Jeff,

Maybe our Add-on Page Tree Creator (PTC) could be a solution. It works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and therefore they can be used from all spaces.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed) and see how it works.

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,024 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you