Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I share content between two spaces with different different user groups?

Andreas Staffeldt June 1, 2016

While trying to duplicate content at two different spaces by the means of the ‘Include Page’ Macro I face the problem that Group A has admission to first space, but no admission to second space. Group B has admission to second space and no admission to first space. I prefer a solution where content changes in one space automatically updates the other space?

3 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

or in Space C with access granted to Group 1 and Group 2: 

Page 1 (and its children) have no Restrictions - Group 1 and Group 2 can view and edit

Page 2 no View Restrictions (Group 1 and 2 can View) but  Edit Restriction to Group 1 only

Page 3 no View Restrictions (Group 1 and 2 can View) but  Edit Restriction to Group 2 only

Note though that Children don't inherit Edit Restrictions from the Parent - i.e. you have to reapply Edit Restriction if someone in Group 1 creates a Child to Page 2 ... noting that Group 2 can't create a Child to Page 2 since that is a form of Editing

0 votes
Andreas Staffeldt June 1, 2016

Thank your for your quick answer. In this case we want different permissions for the two spaces but we still want to share selected content.

Space A: Group A can create; Group B can't view

Space B: Group B can create; Group A can't view

We have a centralized IT and so we don't have admin rights in our subgroups at the moment

So we have to create Space C for shared objects? We define a Group C as the sum of Group A and Group B.

Are there any alternative solutions?

Thank you very much!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

If that is your permissions scheme you will need space C for shared documentation that everyone can see. You can then include into space A and B from space C.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2016

I think you answered your own question there. If the original content is in space A, users will need at least View permissions to space A to view the content in space B.

You should set your permissions to look something  like this: 

• Space A: A group can Create, B group can View
  • Space B: B group can Create, A group can View

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events