How do I set a user to watch an entire space

Hey guys,

Can i ask how i can add a user to watch an entire space.

Sincerely,

Keane Hubert A. Ang

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Sep 30, 2015

Confluence does not have this functionality built in.  There are two options that you have:

1. Install the sudo plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/archive/com.adaptavist.confluence.sudo It's super old, but it still works as of 5.7 that I tested, and probably in 5.8 as well.  You will have to download it (link at the bottom of the page) and install it manually by uploading it on the Manage Addons screen.  You can impersonate another user and watch the space for them that way.
  2. I wrote a user macro that allows you to manage watches for other users: https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/39c3a025dacc6b45abc0105f0b7a21a7375690b4/bulk%20remove%20watchers/remove%20watches%20for%20user.vm?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default Just embed it in a page and anyone who is in the group "confluence-administrators" will be able to manage page, space, and follower watches.

Hi there,

You can go the home page of the space you want, then click the Watch button and select the Watch all content in this space checkbox. This will make you a watcher for the entire space.

Regards,
LM

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

340 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you