How do I set a date block on my Confluence pages that automatically updates?

Mireille Gennaro January 8, 2020

All of my pages in Confluence (hundreds of them) have a standard block of legal text "All rights reserved" with the copyright date. Every year I manually update the year but wondering if there is a macro that automatically updates the year? 

2 answers

3 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi Mireille,

If you do not want to use an add-on but want to go with Confluence only, you can use the Confluence excerpt macro.

Add an Excerpt macro somewhere (on a dedicated space or on one of your legal pages) that contains the year.
On all other pages the year is needed on: include the year from the excerpt page with an Excerpt include. Don't forget to check "Remove surrounding panel".

This way, you only need to change the year on one page (the one with the excerpt) - all other page will be updated automatically.

Cheers,
Kirstin

1 vote
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Mireille Gennaro,

I think I read an article by @Kat Warner {TechTime} the other day about something like this. They have an app that should do exactly what you want: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211719/techtime-copyright-utils?hosting=server&tab=overview

Best regards,
Sven

EDIT: Linked to article

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2020

Thanks for the mention Sven.

TechTime Copyright Utils is a very cost effective app at less than $100 for up to 250 users. Please let me know if you have any questions Mireille.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events