How do I send a template email with a button on card?

Brigid Ottenbreit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Hi there,

I would like to be able to send template emails with the push of a button or by adding a label to the card. I need the email to be send to the clients which have been added to the custom label in the card. I have seen this be done before but I am not sure how to integrate it into my board. 

I would like to set up the email templates to be ready to go and send to client with custom fields automatically added (ie. client name & address) 

This would help to streamline a sales process I am creating. Clients would be receiving standard emails based on the spot they are at in their sales process. 

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

You could probably implement this using automation rules.

The trigger should be "Manual", which will display a button you can click to start the automation.

The action should be the "Send mail" which support smart values, i.e. you can use "variables" for client name and address.

(I am a bit confused why you implement this in Confluence, because this use case shoulds like a better match to Jira?!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events