How do I revert to a previous version of composition plugin

Theresa Adams July 22, 2015

Help! I was updating all of our plugins to current versions and I clicked without reading about the additional charge for the latest update to the Composition Macro.  (I know it said something about it on the button, but I was updating about 25 plugins and I got carried away with the clicking)   I got the temp evaluation license, but since I didn't go through the whole budget process - and our renewal is October so we'll wait until then to incur new charges, I think I need to revert to the previous version?

It does seem unreasonable that I purchased this macro last year and am being charged extra to update it.  It also should not just update without saying something like....'are you sure' since this macro requires a new license and everything.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theresa Adams July 27, 2015

Hi all, I wanted to reply to my own rant above.  I contacted  Service Rocket and they were very helpful with the answer.  It turns out, the wording "Paid Upgrade" doesn't mean I have to pay again. All I had to do was go back to my.atlassian.com, grab my licence key again, paste it in the licence field, and all was well.  I did not need the evaluation license, and I did not need to revert.

Thanks though, for the info on reverting.

2 votes
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

To revert the plugin to a previous version, uninstall the composition plugin, go to below page and choose the previous version you used:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.composition/versions

Update that jar file and re add your license. As far as I'm aware that should do the trick. Also no data should be lost during this process but if you want to make sure you will not hit into any problems, just make a database backup before doing the above smile.

Good luck.
Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events