How do I restore icons in the sidebar for blueprint links?

Some of the space admins have removed the auto-created sidebar links to some of the blueprint created pages like Meeting Notes, Decision Logs, etc.

While we can re-add those pages back to the sidebar, they appear with the plain page icon. Is there a way to re-add them and get back the original icon?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

Yes, there is.  However, you need to delete the page in question and then recreate it. 

For example, create a dummy space and move your Meeting Notes page to it (this is the equivalent of delting it in the original space and recreating it in the dummy space).  This will delete the link on the side bar.  Then create a new Meeting Notes page using the template in the original space.  This will recreate the shortcut link in the sidebar, with the correct icon.  Then move all of your meeting notes back into your original space.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

431 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you