Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove tabs from the dashboard?

Spencer Thew August 25, 2015

On the dashboard menu for my Confluence site, all I want to be able to see is the list of spaces. I don't want a list of popular, recently updated of Favorited pages. Is there a way to remove that section, leaving only the welcome message and the Space list?

the only relevant page I could fine seemed to be referring to several removed features, and had a link to a page that wasn't there anymore.

1 answer

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Hi Spencer,

Refer this link for Confluence Dashboard Customization and removing tabs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customising-the-confluence-dashboard-169117112.html

Taha

Spencer Thew August 25, 2015

That link goes to a page wherein the relevant section refers to a nonexistant feature, with a link to nonexistant pages.

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

But that is just for reference, in short to Disable the 'Popular' tab on the dashboard you need to go to "Manage Addon" --> Select System Plugin --> Search for "Dashboard Macros" then choose Manage plugin modules and disable the Popular Tab module.

Spencer Thew August 26, 2015

Okay, did that, and it tells me every single one of those plugins cannot be modified

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2015

Ah you are using Confluence Cloud. There are few functionality which are restricted in Confluence Cloud like *System Administrator permissions*. You can refer this for restricted functionality - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html You can contact Atlassian Support and ask if they can disable these tabs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events