How do I remove tabs from the dashboard?

On the dashboard menu for my Confluence site, all I want to be able to see is the list of spaces. I don't want a list of popular, recently updated of Favorited pages. Is there a way to remove that section, leaving only the welcome message and the Space list?

the only relevant page I could fine seemed to be referring to several removed features, and had a link to a page that wasn't there anymore.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Spencer,

Refer this link for Confluence Dashboard Customization and removing tabs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customising-the-confluence-dashboard-169117112.html

Taha

That link goes to a page wherein the relevant section refers to a nonexistant feature, with a link to nonexistant pages.

But that is just for reference, in short to Disable the 'Popular' tab on the dashboard you need to go to "Manage Addon" --> Select System Plugin --> Search for "Dashboard Macros" then choose Manage plugin modules and disable the Popular Tab module.

Okay, did that, and it tells me every single one of those plugins cannot be modified

Ah you are using Confluence Cloud. There are few functionality which are restricted in Confluence Cloud like *System Administrator permissions*. You can refer this for restricted functionality - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html You can contact Atlassian Support and ask if they can disable these tabs

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

133 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you